The final video in the ACL video series answers the age old question: Where should you apply ACLs?
Specifically, we’re going to look at the ideas of applying ACLs closest to the source or closest to the destination; and in what cases you should do either, or neither.
The specific subjects and timestamps for what we talk through are below:
- 0:00 – Start
- 0:14 – Topology / Task Introduction
- 0:26 – Standard ACL
- 1:28 – Stepping through the Path to analyze Standard ACL Placement
- 5:20 – Standard ACLs should be applied closest to the Destination
- 5:55 – Extended ACL
- 6:10 – Stepping through the Path to analyze Extended ACL Placement
- 7:59 – Extended ACLs can be applied anywhere you want
- 8:15 – Why should Extended ACLs should be applied closest to the Source
- 8:53 – Practical Networking’s recommendation for ACL Placement